- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
EC issues notice to AAP’s Delhi candidate Sehrawat
The Election Commission has issued a show-cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party’s South Delhi candidate Col (Retd) Devinder Sehrawat for allegedly violating model code of conduct by distributing defamatory pamphlets.
The show cause notice was issued by the Returning Officer (South Delhi Parliamentary Constituency) after a complaint was filed by BJP on April 3 for alleged illegal distribution of defamatory pamphlets by AAP workers against its candidate Ramesh Bidhuri, officials said.
“We have been complaining that the AAP has been pursuing a sleaze campaign against our candidate Ramesh Bidhuri. Their workers have been distributing defamatory pamphlets against Bidhuri. This notice is the first step towards ensuring that such poisonous and malicious elements are kept away from the electoral process,” Ashish Sood, Vice President of BJP, said.