The Election Commission has issued a show-cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party’s South Delhi candidate Col (Retd) Devinder Sehrawat for allegedly violating model code of conduct by distributing defamatory pamphlets.
The show cause notice was issued by the Returning Officer (South Delhi Parliamentary Constituency) after a complaint was filed by BJP on April 3 for alleged illegal distribution of defamatory pamphlets by AAP workers against its candidate Ramesh Bidhuri, officials said.
“We have been complaining that the AAP has been pursuing a sleaze campaign against our candidate Ramesh Bidhuri. Their workers have been distributing defamatory pamphlets against Bidhuri. This notice is the first step towards ensuring that such poisonous and malicious elements are kept away from the electoral process,” Ashish Sood, Vice President of BJP, said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls