- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
EC declares 7 contestants from Muzaffarnagar as ‘dummy’ candidates
The Election Commission on Sunday declared 7 contestants, who were campaigning for other aspirants in the Muzaffarnagar Lok Sabha constituency, as dummy candidates.
The Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi said that on the basis of Election Observer Akash Singhai’s report, the EC has withdrawn all facilities provided to the erring contestants for the electioneering.
The 7 independent candidates: Rakesh, Ankur, Phool Singh Yamin, Gufran, Pal Singh and Shabnam were found campaigning
for other contenders. The permission granted to them for using vehicles for canvassing has also been revoked, he said.
Nineteen candidates including BSP MLA Kadir Rana, BJP candidate Sanjeev Baliyan, SP candidate Virender Singh, Congress nominee Pankaj Aggarwal, and Aam Aadmi party contestant Yamin Choudhry are in the fray for the April 10 elections.