The Election Commission on Monday asked for the CD and transcript of BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi’s speech at an election rally at Serampore Lok Sabha seat in West Bengal to see if there was any violation of Model Code of Conduct.
“We have asked the district magistrate of Hooghly for the CD and transcript of Narendra Modi’s speech at Serampore parliamentary constituency yesterday,” the OSD in CEO’s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said.
Roy Chowdhury, however, said the Commission was yet to receive any complaint on the issue and the EC’s suo moutu move was on the basis of what they had seen on various TV channels.
Modi, at a rally in Serampore on Sunday, had said “Your (Mamata) paintings used to be sold for Rs 4 lakh, Rs 8 lakh or Rs 15 lakh, but what is the reason that one of your paintings sold for Rs 1.80 crore. I respect art. But who was the person who bought the painting for Rs 1.80 crore”.
Attacking Mamata, the BJP leader had said “Who all have bought your paintings… at what price they bought it…suddenly how they found out your talent… the people of Bengal want to know all this.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Roy Chowdhury said the EC would thoroughly scan the speech to see if there was anything in violation to the Model Code of Conduct.