Dwarka Peeth Shankarachayra Swaroopanand Saraswati has raised objection to “Har Har Modi” slogan in favour of BJP PM nominee Narendra Modi and registered a strong protest with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat asking him to stop such “vyakti puja” (eulogising of individual).
The Shankaracharya, who is considered close to Congress leaders like Digvijay Singh, is unhappy over the traditional chant “Har Har Mahadev” raised to hail Lord Shiv being “modified” into “Har Har Modi” to spruce up Modi’s campaign who is contesting from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh. Modi is also contesting from Vadodara in his home state.
“After learning about it, I called up Bhagwat yesterday and asked him to stop such chanting, which is an insult to Lord Shiva. I told him that converting ‘Har har Mahadev’ into ‘Har Har Modi’ must be stopped. Instead of worshipping god, it is an attempt to worship a particular human being and is against Hindu religion,” Swaroopanand said on Sunday.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The seer said he was flooded with phone calls from devotees, who are deeply hurt by such slogan-chanting.
“In his reply, Bhagwat claimed that RSS is always against man-worshiping. He also claimed that such chanting is done out of over enthusiasm by some supporters, and it is not an intentional effort by BJP,” said Swaroopanand.
However, he remains unconvinced by the explanation given by Bhagwat.
“If RSS doesn’t endorse man-worshipping then why it has not done anything to stop such activities?…Why Modi is not opposing it from the very first moment,” he asked.
The slogan has also angered other political parties which have raised objections against it.
“People say that no one can stop Modi. But, if such activities continue, God will stop him,” said Swaroopanand.
He pointed out an instance of “deification” of Modi in Chhattisgarh.
“Some youth BJP leaders in Chhattisgarh removed a ‘shivling’ from the temple and installed Narendra Modi’s photo into it. They must refrain from indulging in Vyakti-Puja,” the Shankaracharya said.