Pitching in for Narendra Modi as Prime Minister, actress-turned-politician Hema Malini on Saturday said the people were fed up with corruption and social evils under Congress rule and looking eagerly for a change.
“People of India are fed up with rampant corruption and prevalence of social evils during Congress rule,” Malini said addressing an election rally in Motihari in favour of party candidate Radha Mohan Singh.
Only a strong government under Narendra Modi could rid the country off all these problems, the actress, popularly known as ‘dream girl’, said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The actress who herself has contested from Mathura Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket has hit the campaign trail after end of voting in her constituency on April 30.
She made a scathing attack on RJD president Lalu Prasad and state Chief Minister Nitish Kumar blaming them for the backwardness of Bihar.
The pace of development in Bihar has halted in Nitish Kumar regime after BJP got out the ministry, she said.
At another meeting at Bettiah, Hema Malini met an over-enthusiastic crowd on whom the police had to use mild lathicharge to keep them at a distance from the actress.
The incident occurred when she was boarding a helicopter. After being controlled by the police, the crowd got restless and some of them threw chappals at the chopper.
However, the situation was soon brought under control and the actress flew away.
Incidentally, BJP’s Sanjay Jaiswal is pitted against noted film-maker and JD(U) nominee Prakash Jha from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat.