In its series of analysis meetings planned to discuss the party’s rout in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, DMK on Tuesday announced convening its high-level strategy committee meeting on June 2, a day ahead of party chief M Karunanidhi’s birthday.
The party patriarch will chair the meeting at the DMK headquarters Anna Arivalayam, its General Secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement.
The meeting of the party leaders will debate the loss and also discuss the strategy to strengthen the party in the future, he said.
Based on the outcome of the meeting, other decision-making bodies Executive and General Council, will meet later and the dates will be announced accordingly, he said.
In its worst electoral performance since 1991, DMK was swept away by its arch rival AIADMK as the Karunanidhi-led party could not win a single seat out of the 35 it had contested in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. Its allies also lost all the seats they contested.
On Sunday, party Treasurer and Karunanidhi’s son MK Stalin, who had led DMK’s charge in the elections by choosing its candidates and finalising the poll strategy, had offered to quit party posts which was turned down by the high command. Karunanidhi had then said that a high-level committee will discuss the reasons for the loss.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More