- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
DMK selected candidates on the basis of money paid: M K Alagiri
Suspended DMK leader M K Alagiri on Sunday alleged that slection of DMK candidates for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls was made on the basis of “the quantum of money paid by aspirants and their affordability to contest”.
However, he did not elaborate further.
He also regretted his “mistake of helping” two persons from this district to become ministers in his father Karunanidhi’s cabinet.
Though Alagiri did not name them, KKSSR Ramachandran and Thangam Thennarasu were in the cabinet when Karunanidhi was Chief Minister between 2006 and 2011.
Alagiri was here to attend a private function.