The crucial high-level strategy committee of the DMK, called to deliberate on the causes that led to the party’s rout in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls, is meeting here on Monday.
DMK president M Karunanidhi is chairing the meeting, which is being attended by General Secretary K Anbazhagan, Treasurer
M K Stalin, leaders including Rajya Sabha MP K Kanimozhi, district secretaries and functionaries of the party.
The meeting being held on the eve of the party chief Karunanidhi’s 90th birthday, besides enumerating the factors for its poll debacle will be also be mapping out its strategy to rejuvenate the party, boost the sagging morale of its cadres and strategy for the Assembly polls that are exactly two years away from now.
Sources said party was likely to go in for a major overhaul by changing leaders in some districts, where DMK candidates performed very poorly.
Karunanidhi yesterday called upon partymen to introspect the dismal show in the Lok Sabha polls.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Party workers should use the poll results to sharpen and equip themselves better by self-introspection. See where you are, what you are doing and (understand) its consequences, realise that the words and deeds should be in consonance with the party ideals” Karunanidhi had said.
DMK, which contested all the 39 seats along with its allies – Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Puthiya Thamizhagam, IUML and Manidhaneya Makkal Katchi, drew a blank and its candidates faced the ignominy of being pushed to third and fourth places in several constituencies.
The meeting was likely to discuss certain developments that battered the party ahead of the polls including the
expulsion of its South Zone Organising Secretary and Karunanidhi’s elder son M K Alagiri and his outbursts against the party in the run up to the elections calling for defeat for DMK nominees.
DMK had faced similar defeat in Tamil Nadu in 1998 during which it could not net a single seat.
The conclave is also likely to discuss the issue of the party dumping its major ally Congress in the just-concluded polls.