The DMK has expelled party patriarch M Karunanidhi’s son M K Alagiri, who was earlier suspended and denied a ticket for the Lok Sabha elections. According to Karunanidhi, he along with general secretary K Anbazhagan decided to expel Alagiri.
Alagiri was expelled by the DMK as he was critical of the party despite his suspension.
This comes after leaders from across the party lines, including those from Congress, BJP and MDMK sought Alagiri’s support. MDMK Vaiko had also met Alagiri over the upcoming Lok Sabha elections owing to his influence in south Tamil Nadu.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
This also comes amid reports that Alagiri is set to launch a statewide tour to hold consultations with loyalists across Tamil Nadu as he looks to galvanise them ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
The expulsion comes two months after Alagiri, a former union minister, was suspended from the party for alleged indiscipline in the wake of him publicly opposing any alliance with actor-politician Vijaykant’s DMDK and questioning Stalin’s approach.
On March 19, DMK had announced that it would take disciplinary action against those who kept in touch with Alagiri.
The party has accused Alagiri of “misleading party workers”.