A DMDK municipal councillor in nearby Mettuapalayam town was on Monday arrested for allegedly posting derogatory remarks against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on a social networking site, police said.
Malli alias Subramaniam, DMDK Mettupalayam Town Secretary and a councillor, was arrested on a complaint by AIADMK’s Vanmathi, also a councillor of the municipality.
Vanmathi has contended that Subramaniam’s remarks about Jayalalithaa on Facebook were defamatory in nature and affected her prestige and sought to take action against him, police said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Subaramaniam was produced before Mettupalayam Judicial Magistrate Court and remanded to judicial custody, they said.
Meanwhile, DMDK Town President Somasundaram also lodged a complaint against Santhanam, Joint Secretary of AIADMK’s labour wing ATP, stating that he had posted some derogatory remarks on the website against DMDK founder leader Vijaykanth.