A DMDK municipal councillor in nearby Mettuapalayam town was on Monday arrested for allegedly posting derogatory remarks against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on a social networking site, police said.
Malli alias Subramaniam, DMDK Mettupalayam Town Secretary and a councillor, was arrested on a complaint by AIADMK’s Vanmathi, also a councillor of the municipality.
Vanmathi has contended that Subramaniam’s remarks about Jayalalithaa on Facebook were defamatory in nature and affected her prestige and sought to take action against him, police said.
Subaramaniam was produced before Mettupalayam Judicial Magistrate Court and remanded to judicial custody, they said.
Meanwhile, DMDK Town President Somasundaram also lodged a complaint against Santhanam, Joint Secretary of AIADMK’s labour wing ATP, stating that he had posted some derogatory remarks on the website against DMDK founder leader Vijaykanth.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More