Amid chalking out plans for its ‘Mission 175’ for the Bihar Assembly polls due next year, the BJP on Sunday threw a challenge to former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to dissolve the House.
BJP was ready to tackle the ‘jungleraj-2’ that has gripped the state because of the alliance between JD(U) and RJD, the party said.
“Nitish Kumar has betrayed the mandate given by the public against the jungleraj-1 of RJD. He has allied with Lalu Prasad and jungleraj-2 has set in. The law and order situation has worsened and people are thinking that old, lawless days have come,” said Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council and former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I challenge Kumar to dissolve the Assembly and face fresh elections. He and Prasad are together, but it’s no problem for us. We destroyed jungleraj-1, we will decimate jungleraj-2 as well,” said Modi while addressing the final session of the two-day state party executive meeting.
Modi asked party workers to gear up for mid-term Assembly elections as JD(U) is facing a severe rebellion from within and the government may fall anytime.
Criticising the state government, Modi said development of Bihar has stalled with no new industry coming in the last 15 months and proposals worth Rs 5 lakh crore going away as land was not available.
The former deputy CM said the people should see for themselves whether the state government is capable of handling the special package and status as promised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. They should give a chance to the BJP now as they have seen the rule of Congress, RJD and JD(U).
Speaking at the state executive meet, Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said Bihar figures prominently in BJP’s plan for national development as the PM believes the growth of Eastern India is necessary for the growth of the country.
Taking potshots at Kumar for alleging that the BJP is destroying ‘Brand Bihar’, Pradhan said, “He himself has shook hands with the ‘jungle raj party’ and is responsible for destroying the image of the state.”