Amid chalking out plans for its ‘Mission 175’ for the Bihar Assembly polls due next year, the BJP on Sunday threw a challenge to former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to dissolve the House.
BJP was ready to tackle the ‘jungleraj-2’ that has gripped the state because of the alliance between JD(U) and RJD, the party said.
“Nitish Kumar has betrayed the mandate given by the public against the jungleraj-1 of RJD. He has allied with Lalu Prasad and jungleraj-2 has set in. The law and order situation has worsened and people are thinking that old, lawless days have come,” said Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council and former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
“I challenge Kumar to dissolve the Assembly and face fresh elections. He and Prasad are together, but it’s no problem for us. We destroyed jungleraj-1, we will decimate jungleraj-2 as well,” said Modi while addressing the final session of the two-day state party executive meeting.
Modi asked party workers to gear up for mid-term Assembly elections as JD(U) is facing a severe rebellion from within and the government may fall anytime.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Criticising the state government, Modi said development of Bihar has stalled with no new industry coming in the last 15 months and proposals worth Rs 5 lakh crore going away as land was not available.
The former deputy CM said the people should see for themselves whether the state government is capable of handling the special package and status as promised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. They should give a chance to the BJP now as they have seen the rule of Congress, RJD and JD(U).
Speaking at the state executive meet, Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said Bihar figures prominently in BJP’s plan for national development as the PM believes the growth of Eastern India is necessary for the growth of the country.
Taking potshots at Kumar for alleging that the BJP is destroying ‘Brand Bihar’, Pradhan said, “He himself has shook hands with the ‘jungle raj party’ and is responsible for destroying the image of the state.”