Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said he will stage a seven-day hunger strike in Guna district headquarter from July 7, protesting against the state government for not providing relief to natural-calamity hit farmers.
In a statement, Singh said that he had submitted a letter to the Guna district collector on June 19, highlighting that hail and flood affected farmers were not getting relief and they also did not get soybean seeds and fertilisers.
He also demanded payment for crop insurance scheme, prevention of black marketing of fertilisers and also raised other related issues and warned that if all these demands were not met, he will stage a hunger strike.
Meanwhile, Guna district collector Sandeep Yadav said that as per the survey, relief (funds) has been given to all affected farmers in the district.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Congress General Secretary also appealed to the farmers across the state that if they are affected with the issues, they should stage protest near highway of their respective villages.