Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday attacked BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi for “snatching” land from farmers for the Nano car factory in Gujarat and generating employment “at the cost” of farmers in the state.
“Modi has snatched 3000 acres of land from farmers for Nano car factory. It is a naked truth that 3000 farmers made to suffer for (creating) 2000 employment opportunities in Gujarat. Modi has given a subsidy of Rs 40,000 to each Nano car…Is it called development?” Rahul said while addressing a rally at postal ground.
He was canvassing for party nominees Shivajirao Moghe and Sanjay Deotale who are in the fray from Yavatmal-Washim and Chandrapur-Arni Lok Sabha seats respectively.
Indian Youth Congress president Rajiv Satav, who is believed to be the close confidant of Rahul, is contesting from Hingoli. However, during his speech Rahul did not mention Satav. Taking a dig at Modi, Rahul said, “the opposition parties wanted to eliminate Congress from Hindustan…they did not read the history of Hindustan”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Congress is the party of ideology and it speaks about the poor and downtrodden including women and children,” he said.
“Any development is possible only if the poor, women and the suppressed class are empowered through sustained development,” Rahul said.
He said the Congress-led UPA government at Centre and the Democratic Front government in the state have implemented a number of pro-people measures and would continue their “developmental” tasks if voted to power again.
Rahul said, “If voted to power again for five years, UPA would ensure free medicines, pension, set up 2000 women police stations and (generate) employment opportunities”.
Pushing for the cause of women, the Congress vice-president said, “India should become a super power and it is possible only if women in the country are empowered”.