Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday attacked BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi for “snatching” land from farmers for the Nano car factory in Gujarat and generating employment “at the cost” of farmers in the state.
“Modi has snatched 3000 acres of land from farmers for Nano car factory. It is a naked truth that 3000 farmers made to suffer for (creating) 2000 employment opportunities in Gujarat. Modi has given a subsidy of Rs 40,000 to each Nano car…Is it called development?” Rahul said while addressing a rally at postal ground.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He was canvassing for party nominees Shivajirao Moghe and Sanjay Deotale who are in the fray from Yavatmal-Washim and Chandrapur-Arni Lok Sabha seats respectively.
Indian Youth Congress president Rajiv Satav, who is believed to be the close confidant of Rahul, is contesting from Hingoli. However, during his speech Rahul did not mention Satav. Taking a dig at Modi, Rahul said, “the opposition parties wanted to eliminate Congress from Hindustan…they did not read the history of Hindustan”.
“Congress is the party of ideology and it speaks about the poor and downtrodden including women and children,” he said.
“Any development is possible only if the poor, women and the suppressed class are empowered through sustained development,” Rahul said.
He said the Congress-led UPA government at Centre and the Democratic Front government in the state have implemented a number of pro-people measures and would continue their “developmental” tasks if voted to power again.
Rahul said, “If voted to power again for five years, UPA would ensure free medicines, pension, set up 2000 women police stations and (generate) employment opportunities”.
Pushing for the cause of women, the Congress vice-president said, “India should become a super power and it is possible only if women in the country are empowered”.