Prashant Kishor’s new role as cabinet-rank adviser on policy and implementation to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is unlikely to affect his other assignment — as advisor to Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh on the 2017 Assembly elections in the state, Congress leaders are saying
“Captain Amarinder Singh confirmed to me that he had spoken to Prashant Kishor once. We also learnt about Kishor’s team having done the first round of survey for Punjab Congress. We are hopeful of engaging Kishor’s team that may start formally working for us from this March,” AICC general secretary and Punjab Congress in-charge Shakeel Ahmad told The Indian Express.
- Rumbling grows within UP Congress over Prashant Kishor, Punjab hears an echo too
- Congress backs Capt Amarinder, says Kishor has ‘no role’ in party matters
- Prashant Kishor advisor to Nitish Kumar: focus back on governance
- Khadoor Sahib: Turmoil in Congress over contesting bypoll
- After denial, Kishor to manage Capt Amarinder Singh's campaign
- 2017 Punjab Assembly polls: Amarinder goes to Nitish’s strategist
Asked how Kishor could assist Amarinder while being an employee of the Bihar government, Ahmad said these “technical issues” can be resolved once his role in Punjab is finalised.
Sources in the Amarinder camp said they were already aware that he was being considered for an assignment by Nitish and that he could continue in both roles side by side.
“We are excited about working with Prashant and looking forward to his coming to Punjab. We are all prepared. Amarinder has already congratulated Prashant,” said a senior functionary of the Congress.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said there could be no conflict of interest as far as Kishor’s managing of Amarinder’s poll campaign was concerned as he is not charging a fee for this.
“First, he will be a part of the Grand Alliance government of which Congress is also a part. Second, Kishor does not take money to manage election campaign of personalities. So, where is the problem? He can always work with the government in Bihar and advise Amarinder on the side,” said a senior Congress leader based in Delhi while requesting anonymity.
Sources close to Kishor had confirmed to The Indian Express that he was on board to manage the election campaign of Amarinder and he would be visiting Punjab for 2-3 days in mid-February. He had already got a survey done in Punjab before accepting Amarinder’s proposal.