Prashant Kishor’s new role as cabinet-rank adviser on policy and implementation to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is unlikely to affect his other assignment — as advisor to Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh on the 2017 Assembly elections in the state, Congress leaders are saying
“Captain Amarinder Singh confirmed to me that he had spoken to Prashant Kishor once. We also learnt about Kishor’s team having done the first round of survey for Punjab Congress. We are hopeful of engaging Kishor’s team that may start formally working for us from this March,” AICC general secretary and Punjab Congress in-charge Shakeel Ahmad told The Indian Express.
- Punjab da Captain: Amarinder Singh set to woo ex-servicemen in Pathankot
- Congress backs Capt Amarinder, says Kishor has ‘no role’ in party matters
- Prashant Kishor advisor to Nitish Kumar: focus back on governance
- Khadoor Sahib: Turmoil in Congress over contesting bypoll
- After denial, Kishor to manage Capt Amarinder Singh's campaign
- 2017 Punjab Assembly polls: Amarinder goes to Nitish’s strategist
Asked how Kishor could assist Amarinder while being an employee of the Bihar government, Ahmad said these “technical issues” can be resolved once his role in Punjab is finalised.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Sources in the Amarinder camp said they were already aware that he was being considered for an assignment by Nitish and that he could continue in both roles side by side.
“We are excited about working with Prashant and looking forward to his coming to Punjab. We are all prepared. Amarinder has already congratulated Prashant,” said a senior functionary of the Congress.
He said there could be no conflict of interest as far as Kishor’s managing of Amarinder’s poll campaign was concerned as he is not charging a fee for this.
“First, he will be a part of the Grand Alliance government of which Congress is also a part. Second, Kishor does not take money to manage election campaign of personalities. So, where is the problem? He can always work with the government in Bihar and advise Amarinder on the side,” said a senior Congress leader based in Delhi while requesting anonymity.
Sources close to Kishor had confirmed to The Indian Express that he was on board to manage the election campaign of Amarinder and he would be visiting Punjab for 2-3 days in mid-February. He had already got a survey done in Punjab before accepting Amarinder’s proposal.