- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Deputy Collector of Amethi transferred amid complaints of bias
A Deputy Collector in high profile Amethi constituency, which will go to polls on Wednesday, was transferred by the Election Commission on Tuesday following complaints of bias.
SDM Narendra Singh of Tiloi assembly segment has been replaced by Anil Kumar Singh on the instruction of Election Commission, said a top district official.
Anil Kumar Singh was earlier posted as Sub-divisional Magistrate in state capital Lucknow.
Amethi is witnessing a high-voltage contest among Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, BJP’s Smriti Irani and Aam Aadmi Party candidate Kumar Vishwas.
BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had on Monday addressed a rally in the Gandhi bastion, while Rahul’s sister Priyanka had extensively campaigned here.