Escalating his attack on the EC, Narendra Modi on Thursday questioned the poll body’s neutrality over denial of permission for a public meeting at a venue of his choice in Varanasi even as appealed to party workers to maintain peace while protesting the move.
Seeking to strike an emotional chord, the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate also offered “profound apologies” to river Ganga for not being able to perform ‘arti’. District authorities in Varanasi have already given permission for Ganga Pooja.
“It is unfortunate that EC is not concerned about the institution’s neutrality. That is why our ‘karyakartas’ (workers) have to embark on a Satyagraha,” Modi said on Twitter. He also made an appeal to his party workers to maintain peace while protesting EC’s refusal to allow public meets. “I appeal to my Karyakarta sisters and brothers to maintain peace & ensure that people do not face any difficulty,” the BJP strongman said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Modi also sought apologies from ‘Ma Ganga’ (Ganges river) and indirectly hit out at EC stating that mother’s love is above politics. “My profound apologies to Ganga Maa for not being able to perform aarti today. Wish these people know that a mother’s love is above politics,” Modi tweeted.
The BJP on Wednesday decided to sit on ‘dharna’ in front of Varanasi Sub Divisional Magistrate’s office against EC’s decision to deny permit for three campaign programmes of Modi from Varanasi, where he is contesting against AAP’s Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Ajay Rai.
BJP had earlier sought permission to hold a public rally at crowded Beniya Bagh area, but the Returning Officer Pranjal Yadav denied it citing security reasons. However, the Returning officer had suggested an alternative spot to hold their public rally but the BJP did not accept.
Seeking removal of Varanasi Returning Officer, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley had yesterday said that he along with his senior party leaders including UP’s election in-charge of the party, Amit Shah will hold a protest outside Banaras Hindu University as well as in front of the EC in Delhi.