Lucknow Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal’s Varanasi rally has been postponed by two days to March 25 after the district administration denied permission for it in view of the Legislative Council polls.
“The rally scheduled for March 23 has been cancelled due to the Legislative Council elections on the same day. It will now be held on March 25,” AAP’s national council member Vaibhav Maheshwari told PTI today.
Kejriwal had announced that he would take the decision on contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Varanasi against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after the proposed rally.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Narendra Modi has announced that he will contest from Varanasi. So even I am going to Varanasi. We will ask people there on whether I should contest against Modi. If they say yes then I am ready to contest,” he said.
Additional District Magistrate (City) of Varanasi M P Singh said AAP members had sought permission for Kejriwal’s rally on March 23.
“The permission of the rally has been denied as their is election to the teachers’ constituency of the Legislative Council on the same day,” Singh said