Lucknow Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal’s Varanasi rally has been postponed by two days to March 25 after the district administration denied permission for it in view of the Legislative Council polls.
“The rally scheduled for March 23 has been cancelled due to the Legislative Council elections on the same day. It will now be held on March 25,” AAP’s national council member Vaibhav Maheshwari told PTI today.
Kejriwal had announced that he would take the decision on contesting the Lok Sabha elections from Varanasi against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi after the proposed rally.
“Narendra Modi has announced that he will contest from Varanasi. So even I am going to Varanasi. We will ask people there on whether I should contest against Modi. If they say yes then I am ready to contest,” he said.
Additional District Magistrate (City) of Varanasi M P Singh said AAP members had sought permission for Kejriwal’s rally on March 23.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The permission of the rally has been denied as their is election to the teachers’ constituency of the Legislative Council on the same day,” Singh said