Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung on Thursday met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to discuss the clashes between activists of Aam Aadmi Party and BJP following brief detention of Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat.
Sources said Jung, who supervises Delhi Police, briefed about yesterday’s clashes that took place after AAP members staged a protest outside BJP headquarters.
“Though the meeting was not exclusively about yesterday’s incident outside the BJP HQs, the issue did figure in the discussion,” a source said. The LG and Home Minister are believed to have expressed concern over the street violence during the electoral process as it can have dangerous repercussions if it escalates.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
They are said to be have been worried as such clashes may lead to serious injury to political workers as well as passersby. Following the imposition of President’s rule, the LG is overall in-charge of the Delhi administration, besides Delhi Police.