Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung on Thursday met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to discuss the clashes between activists of Aam Aadmi Party and BJP following brief detention of Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat.
Sources said Jung, who supervises Delhi Police, briefed about yesterday’s clashes that took place after AAP members staged a protest outside BJP headquarters.
“Though the meeting was not exclusively about yesterday’s incident outside the BJP HQs, the issue did figure in the discussion,” a source said. The LG and Home Minister are believed to have expressed concern over the street violence during the electoral process as it can have dangerous repercussions if it escalates.
They are said to be have been worried as such clashes may lead to serious injury to political workers as well as passersby. Following the imposition of President’s rule, the LG is overall in-charge of the Delhi administration, besides Delhi Police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More