“You have taken away both my portfolios (Urban Development and Housing and Parliamentary Affairs),” Congress leader Kamal Nath told BJP’s Venkaiah Naidu when they came face-to-face with each other. Well, along with this package, Naidu has also got a very ticklish task. Alloting houses to people as Urban Development Minister is bad enough, but he also has to contend with the job of allotting rooms to his ministerial colleagues and political parties in the Parliament House.
For somebody who is known to be aggressive on Twitter, Trinamool national spokesman and Rajya Sabha member Derek O Brien had a remarkably quiet Tuesday on the microblogging site even as cheeky remarks flew thick and fast including from political opponents like Anurag Thakur of the BJP. The reason: His brother Barry O’ Brien has chosen to join BJP.
With Karnataka’s Mallikarjun Kharge having been nominated as the Leader of the Congress party in Lok Sabha, there is now a demand from party MPs from Kerala for the Deputy Speaker’s post. Amid the Congress decimation across the country, the only saving grace for the party was its performance in Karnataka and Kerala. Karnataka has sent nine Congressmen to Lok Sabha — the maximum from any state — closely followed by Kerala with eight. Sources said veterans like K V Thomas, Mullapally Ramachandran and Kodikunnil Suresh were angling for the post. All of them were ministers in the previous UPA government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Change in plan
The sudden demise of BJP leader Gopinath Munde saw ministers and leaders alike rushing to pay their respects, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In the process, the PM missed out on his first briefing in the ultra secret war room located in South Block by the armed forces. The briefing, which was also to be attended by Defence Minister Arun Jaitley, will now be rescheduled at a later date on the convenience of the two leaders.