Describing Defence Ministry under AK Antony as “rudderless and without direction”, BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Saturday said country’s defence preparedness has severely suffered during UPA regime.
“The geopolitical realities compel us to analyse that any future aggression may see the buildup of Pakistan and China axis. Our defence purchases and preparedness have seriously suffered. Under AK Antony, the Raksha Mantralya has been
virtually rudderless and without direction,” Jaitley wrote in his campaign diary.
The BJP leader, who is is locked in a tough battle against Congress candidate Capt Amarinder Singh in Amritsar, also pointed out that notification effecting the ‘one-rank, one-pension’ scheme for ex-servicemen is yet to be announced.
“Ex-servicemen are aggrieved by the fact that notwithstanding the promise of implementing ‘one-rank, one-pension’. The notification giving effect to the announcement has not been issued,” he said.
“A weak-kneed policy of the UPA on the national security adversely impacts the mind set of those who hold national security as the priority issue,” added Jaitley.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Referring to Narendra Modi’s rallies in Punjab Friday, he said “Each of these rallies was extremely well attended. The enthusiasm at the rallies, coupled with large attendance, was a give way. The Modi’s visit to Punjab is a game changer.”
He said, “The most significant section where the Modi appeal is clearly visible is the youth. His ability to charge up and motivate the younger generation has been most evident.
In an environment of disillusionment with governance, he appears to have become a nucleus of hope.”