Describing Defence Ministry under AK Antony as “rudderless and without direction”, BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Saturday said country’s defence preparedness has severely suffered during UPA regime.
“The geopolitical realities compel us to analyse that any future aggression may see the buildup of Pakistan and China axis. Our defence purchases and preparedness have seriously suffered. Under AK Antony, the Raksha Mantralya has been
virtually rudderless and without direction,” Jaitley wrote in his campaign diary.
The BJP leader, who is is locked in a tough battle against Congress candidate Capt Amarinder Singh in Amritsar, also pointed out that notification effecting the ‘one-rank, one-pension’ scheme for ex-servicemen is yet to be announced.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Ex-servicemen are aggrieved by the fact that notwithstanding the promise of implementing ‘one-rank, one-pension’. The notification giving effect to the announcement has not been issued,” he said.
“A weak-kneed policy of the UPA on the national security adversely impacts the mind set of those who hold national security as the priority issue,” added Jaitley.
Referring to Narendra Modi’s rallies in Punjab Friday, he said “Each of these rallies was extremely well attended. The enthusiasm at the rallies, coupled with large attendance, was a give way. The Modi’s visit to Punjab is a game changer.”
He said, “The most significant section where the Modi appeal is clearly visible is the youth. His ability to charge up and motivate the younger generation has been most evident.
In an environment of disillusionment with governance, he appears to have become a nucleus of hope.”