The Union Cabinet will take a call on Friday on imposition of President’s rule in Andhra Pradesh as Governor E S L Narasimhan has recommended for a spell of central rule after the resignation of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
The issues of “political situation in Andhra Pradesh” and “proclamation under Article 356 (1)” are part of the Cabinet’s agenda for tomorrow.
As Andhra Pradesh is set to be bifurcated, Congress, which has been ruling the state for last 10 years, is unlikely to chose another candidate to succeed Reddy, who quit as an MLA as well as from the party protesting against the decision to create Telangana.
However, it is immediately not clear whether Narasimhan has recommended for dissolution of the state Assembly or to keep the House under suspended animation.
The bill to create the country’s 29th state, by splitting Andhra Pradesh, was passed by Parliament in the just-concluded Winter session.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
A number of ruling Congress MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema have announced resignation from their posts and also from the party over the issue of division.