Former Union Home Secretary R K Singh, who recently joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), on Monday alleged that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had interfered in the probe into betting scam in IPL and prevented Delhi Police from questioning a businessman with “shady” reputation.
In his interview to TV channels, Singh used the shoulder of former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar to fire at Shinde claiming that “slips used to reach Delhi Police chief quite often asking about posting some people as Station House Officers”.
“These were not a few postings but in large number of police stations,” he told the channels.
“I don’t know whether money used to exchange hands but Delhi Police Commissioner told me that numerous slips used to come from his residence…you don’t make large number of recommendations… the postings as SHO’s has a vigilance angle to it,” he said.
He claimed Delhi Police was stopped by Shinde from questioning a Mumbai-based businessman, who is said to have “some kind of links” with Dawood Ibrahim, in connection with the betting in Indian Premier League, a T-20 cricketing tournament.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shinde and Kumar were not immediately available for comments.