A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed BJP president Amit Shah as the “man of the match” at the BJP national council meeting in New Delhi, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Sunday that the BJP won the Lok Sabha elections because people wanted change, and not because of its leaders.
“Some people are giving credit to the party while others are giving credit to some individuals for the victory. But the organisation and the party were there earlier too, and so were the individuals. What happened then? It is the people who wanted change during the elections, who brought the party to power,” said Bhagwat, addressing a function here on Sunday.
He, however, refrained from taking any names.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Bhagwat also emphasised the need to inculcate spiritualism to protect the country’s culture and traditions. “An honest interrogation of the role of tradition in our rapidly changing lives is the need of the hour. We should take a pledge to protect our tradition and start a new life over the foundation of the old tradition,” he said.
Addressing the BJP meeting on Saturday, Modi had praised “captain” Rajnath Singh, and “man of the match” Amit Shah for the BJP’s Lok Sabha victory.