A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed BJP president Amit Shah as the “man of the match” at the BJP national council meeting in New Delhi, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Sunday that the BJP won the Lok Sabha elections because people wanted change, and not because of its leaders.
“Some people are giving credit to the party while others are giving credit to some individuals for the victory. But the organisation and the party were there earlier too, and so were the individuals. What happened then? It is the people who wanted change during the elections, who brought the party to power,” said Bhagwat, addressing a function here on Sunday.
He, however, refrained from taking any names.
Bhagwat also emphasised the need to inculcate spiritualism to protect the country’s culture and traditions. “An honest interrogation of the role of tradition in our rapidly changing lives is the need of the hour. We should take a pledge to protect our tradition and start a new life over the foundation of the old tradition,” he said.
Addressing the BJP meeting on Saturday, Modi had praised “captain” Rajnath Singh, and “man of the match” Amit Shah for the BJP’s Lok Sabha victory.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn