A day after controversial ‘tea vendor’ remarks were made against BJP’sPM candidate Narenda Modi by senior Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar, the former Union Minister’s office in his home town in Tamil Nadu was attacked by miscreants while the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged protests against him.
Unidentified miscreants pelted stones at Aiyar’s office in Mayiladuthurai, damaging some window panes, police said, adding security had been stepped up at the office.
Aiyar, presently a Rajya Sabha member, had earlier been elected to the Lok Sabha from Mayiladuthurai constituency.
At the AICC meet in New Delhi yesterday, Aiyar had said, “I promise you in 21st Century Narendra Modi will never become the Prime Minister of the country… But if he wants to distribute tea here, we will find a place for him,” an apparent reference to his childhood days when he sold tea.
Aiyar’s jibe instantly drew flak from various quarters including Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Around 50 BJP workers staged a ‘tea-selling’ demonstration outside TNCC headquarters Sathyamurthy Bhavan here, protesting against Aiyar’s remarks. They were later detained by police.
At Kumbakonam, BJP members held a demonstration near Head Post Office and condemned the remarks made by the Rajya Sabha MP.