With BJP senior leader L K Advani expected to arrive on April 5, the party has started to prepare grounds for his campaign. The BJP wants to win all 26 seats and given that Advani reluctantly accepted to contest from here for the fifth time, the party is taking no chance.
Advani’s daughter Pratibha and state minister for revenue and urban development Anandi Patel launched the patriarch’s campaign Friday through a bike rally that passed through residential areas of west Ahmedabad.
In the campaign led by local leaders, Advani’s victory is not as much a target as winning in Gandhinagar for the sake of Modi math. Even the truck that led the rally had a huge Modi poster. Party workers wore saffron caps with ‘Modi For PM’ slogans as Pratibha and Anandi Patel led the rally in an open jeep. In the constituency represented by Advani since 1991, the mayor’s over 10-minute speech had only one mention of Advani. Then on it was all about Modi.
Justifying her pitch, Patel said, “Modiji has a charisma and popularity. He is our PM candidate. And, people of Gujarat know his work and for the same reason people of Gujarat pin their hopes on him.”
Pravin Patel, senior BJP leader from Ahmedabad and in-charge of Gandhinagar constituency said, “We are used to campaigning without candidates. We have done it for Advani and Modi.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, Ahmedabad mayor Meenaxi Patel campaigned in west Ahmedabad on Thursday. Touring the posh area, she said: “Advaniji is our dear leader . He is our candidate. This election is unique as our Narendrabhai is the PM candidate. When Narendrabhai is from Ahmedabad, it becomes our collective responsibility to win Gandhinagar with huge margin.”