With BJP senior leader L K Advani expected to arrive on April 5, the party has started to prepare grounds for his campaign. The BJP wants to win all 26 seats and given that Advani reluctantly accepted to contest from here for the fifth time, the party is taking no chance.
Advani’s daughter Pratibha and state minister for revenue and urban development Anandi Patel launched the patriarch’s campaign Friday through a bike rally that passed through residential areas of west Ahmedabad.
In the campaign led by local leaders, Advani’s victory is not as much a target as winning in Gandhinagar for the sake of Modi math. Even the truck that led the rally had a huge Modi poster. Party workers wore saffron caps with ‘Modi For PM’ slogans as Pratibha and Anandi Patel led the rally in an open jeep. In the constituency represented by Advani since 1991, the mayor’s over 10-minute speech had only one mention of Advani. Then on it was all about Modi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Justifying her pitch, Patel said, “Modiji has a charisma and popularity. He is our PM candidate. And, people of Gujarat know his work and for the same reason people of Gujarat pin their hopes on him.”
Pravin Patel, senior BJP leader from Ahmedabad and in-charge of Gandhinagar constituency said, “We are used to campaigning without candidates. We have done it for Advani and Modi.”
Meanwhile, Ahmedabad mayor Meenaxi Patel campaigned in west Ahmedabad on Thursday. Touring the posh area, she said: “Advaniji is our dear leader . He is our candidate. This election is unique as our Narendrabhai is the PM candidate. When Narendrabhai is from Ahmedabad, it becomes our collective responsibility to win Gandhinagar with huge margin.”