Scores of Dalits on Saturday staged demonstrations on National Highway 1 demanding the Election Commission to ban Yoga guru Ramdev from campaigning for BJP over his alleged anti-Dalit remarks.
Ramdev had triggered yet another controversy in Lucknow on Friday claiming that “Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalits house for honeymoon and picnic”.
The protesters belonging to Bahujan Samaj Party, Guru Ravi Das Force, Balmiki Dharam Samaj and various Ambedkar Senas held demonstrations and raised slogans against the yoga guru.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Three effigies of Ramdev were also burnt as demonstrators blocked traffic on the national highway. The protesters have urged the EC to take cognisance of Ramdev’s “highly objectionable” remarks and demanded a ban on his election campaign and roadshows for BJP. They also submitted an application to the local police demanding registration of a criminal case against him under relevant sections of SC/ST Act and section 295-A of the IPC.
BSP state General Secretary Jarnail Nangal, Dalit ideologue Advocate S L Virdi, Sena leaders Harbhajan Suman and Surinder Dhanda, Balmiki leaders Satish Salhotra and Pawan Sethi were among the protesters.
Congress party workers led by local president Gurjit Walia also joined the protest.