Scores of Dalits on Saturday staged demonstrations on National Highway 1 demanding the Election Commission to ban Yoga guru Ramdev from campaigning for BJP over his alleged anti-Dalit remarks.
Ramdev had triggered yet another controversy in Lucknow on Friday claiming that “Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi goes to Dalits house for honeymoon and picnic”.
The protesters belonging to Bahujan Samaj Party, Guru Ravi Das Force, Balmiki Dharam Samaj and various Ambedkar Senas held demonstrations and raised slogans against the yoga guru.
Three effigies of Ramdev were also burnt as demonstrators blocked traffic on the national highway. The protesters have urged the EC to take cognisance of Ramdev’s “highly objectionable” remarks and demanded a ban on his election campaign and roadshows for BJP. They also submitted an application to the local police demanding registration of a criminal case against him under relevant sections of SC/ST Act and section 295-A of the IPC.
BSP state General Secretary Jarnail Nangal, Dalit ideologue Advocate S L Virdi, Sena leaders Harbhajan Suman and Surinder Dhanda, Balmiki leaders Satish Salhotra and Pawan Sethi were among the protesters.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Congress party workers led by local president Gurjit Walia also joined the protest.