Union Minister Mahesh Sharma on Thursday described the lynching of a 50-year-old man in Dadri by a mob, allegedly over consumption of beef, as an “accident” and said that no “communal colour” should be given to it, even as the family of the victim is planning to move out of the village fearing that it may happen again.
“This (incident) should be considered as an accident without giving any communal colour to it,” Sharma, Minister of State for Tourism and BJP MP from Noida, said.
“Two other families live with the affected family in the middle of the village and their walls adjoin with others. About 10-12 houses of other community are in the outlying part of the village but no incident concerning them has happened,” he said.
Watch Video: (App users click here)
“I feel this incident occurred due to some misunderstanding and the law should truthfully act against whoever is responsible for it,” he said.
Iqlakh was beaten to death and his 22-year-old son Danish son was critically injured by a mob which barged into their house following rumours that the family had consumed beef, on Monday night.
- Dadri lynching incident 'unfortunate', but should not be politicised: Rajnath Singh
- Mahesh Sharma’s wisdom: Nature of injury shows no desire to lynch, 17-year-old girl wasn’t touched in Dadri incident
- Dadri lynching: Mob murder an accident, arrested youths too will get justice, says Mahesh Sharma
- Dadri Lynching An Accident, Don't Give It A Communal Twist: Mahesh Sharma
- With lot to chew on, BJP keeps mum on Dadri incident
- Dadri lynching: AAP demands sacking of Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma over 'accident' remarks
Iqlakh’s other son, Sartaj, who serves in the Indian Air Force, demanded punishment for the murderers of his father.
“Those arrested murdered my father. I want to know the reason for which they did this to him. They should be punished so that none from the village would dare to such deed in future,” he said.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: October 1, 2015 2:00 pm