Voting began on Wednesday in the crucial fifth phase Bihar Lok Sabha election in seven constituencies to decide the fate of 118 candidates, including LJP president Ramvilas Paswan and Rabri Devi, former state Chief Minister Lalu Prasad’s wife.
Paswan and Rabri are contesting from Hajipur(SC) and Saran, both situated in the Gangetic plains of Bihar.
The other five seats are Sheohar, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Maharajganj and Ujiyarpur.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Polling would also be held in Chiraiya and Maharajganj assembly constituencies in this phase also.
Five of the seven LS seats going to the poll had been won by JD(U) in 2009 while Saran and Maharajganj had gone to RJD.
Over 1.08 crore voters are expected to cast their votes in 9,804 polling stations amidst elaborate security arrangement.
The Indo-Nepal border has been sealed for the purpose. Two helicopters will carry out air surveillance while 66,211 jawans will man the polling stations.
A total 145 companies of the central para-military forces are also lined up for poll duty besides seven units of the mounted police, 36 motor boats, motorized boats and 375 motorcycles for petrolling in riverine areas.