Four CRPF personnel were among five persons injured on Thursday in Maoist violence in Jharkhand’s Bokaro district where polling is underway.
Targeting a CRPF patrol, Maoists triggered two landmine blasts at Lalpania near Jhumra hills, injuring three personnel and a civilian driver, CRPF (26th Battalion) Commandant Sanjay Kumar said.
The men were Pratap Singh, Surendra Kumar and P C Mandal while the driver was identified as Ranjit Kumar, Kumar said. Maoists also fired on a CRPF patrol near Tulbul village in the area injuring a personnel in a brief encounter, the CRPF official said. Maoists also blew up a stretch of railway track in Bokaro district, disrupting train services.
The rebels damaged the tracks between Dania railway station in Bokaro and Jageshwar station of Bihar under South Eastern Railway disrupting train services, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar Singh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Passenger trains were held up at different places, he said. Bokaro is under Giridih Lok Sabha constituency where polling is on. A report from Giridih in Jharkhand said the Maoists exploded ten bombs at separate places in Giridih Lok Sabha constituency where polling is on.”Seven bombs were exploded serially near Bistuur under Pirtand police station around 8.30 AM. All the security and polling personnel are safe,” Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The rebels blasted one bomb at Ghamaria Bharati Chalkari and two at Harladih around 1.30 AM, he said. Polling was unaffected, he said.