Four CRPF personnel were among five persons injured on Thursday in Maoist violence in Jharkhand’s Bokaro district where polling is underway.
Targeting a CRPF patrol, Maoists triggered two landmine blasts at Lalpania near Jhumra hills, injuring three personnel and a civilian driver, CRPF (26th Battalion) Commandant Sanjay Kumar said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The men were Pratap Singh, Surendra Kumar and P C Mandal while the driver was identified as Ranjit Kumar, Kumar said. Maoists also fired on a CRPF patrol near Tulbul village in the area injuring a personnel in a brief encounter, the CRPF official said. Maoists also blew up a stretch of railway track in Bokaro district, disrupting train services.
The rebels damaged the tracks between Dania railway station in Bokaro and Jageshwar station of Bihar under South Eastern Railway disrupting train services, Superintendent of Police Jitendra Kumar Singh said.
Passenger trains were held up at different places, he said. Bokaro is under Giridih Lok Sabha constituency where polling is on. A report from Giridih in Jharkhand said the Maoists exploded ten bombs at separate places in Giridih Lok Sabha constituency where polling is on.”Seven bombs were exploded serially near Bistuur under Pirtand police station around 8.30 AM. All the security and polling personnel are safe,” Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
The rebels blasted one bomb at Ghamaria Bharati Chalkari and two at Harladih around 1.30 AM, he said. Polling was unaffected, he said.