The CPM Wednesday declared its third list of candidates for the LS polls — nine from Tamil Nadu, three from Rajasthan and one each from Chhattisgarh and Andaman and Nicobar. The party has declared the names of 88 candidates so far.
The J Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK had recently snapped ties with the Left Front in Tamil Nadu over the issue of seat sharing. In the state, the CPM’s sitting LS member P R Natarajan would contest from Coimbatore and U Vasuki, a senior leader of the party’s women’s wing and a central committee member, will fight from North Chennai.
Other candidates include A V Bellarmin from Kanyakumari, who won the seat in 2004, B Vikaraman from Madurai, G Anandhan from Villipuram, K Sameulraj from Virudhunagar, N Pandi from Dindigul, S Sridhar from Trichy and S Thamizhselvi from Thanjavur.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In Rajasthan, Amara Ram will contest from Sikar, Indra Singh Punia from Churu, Pala Ram from Ganganagar. Surinder Lal Singh from Sarguja constituency, Chhattisgarh, and K G Das from Andaman and Nicobar.