Two prominent Left parties, the CPM and the CPI, discussed Lok Sabha poll strategy, electoral coordination and potential alliances on Tuesday but sidestepped possible allies in Andhra Pradesh on a day the Lok Sabha passed the Telangana Bill, given both are on different sides of the divide on the state’s bifurcation.
At a meeting attended by CPM leaders Prakash Karat, S Ramachandran Pillai and K Vardha Rajan, and CPI leaders S Sudhakar Reddy, A B Bardhan and D Raja, the parties discussed bringing together regional parties for a non-Congress, non-BJP alliance. “We discussed how to strengthen coordination and cement a non-Congress, non-BJP alliance. We discussed relations with parties like JD(U), JD(S) and AIADMK,” said D Raja.
According to sources, the two parties skirted the issue of Telanaga and alliances in Andhra Pradesh. While the CPI supported bifurcation, the CPM was opposed to it.
While the CPM is yet to take a call on any alliance in Andhra Pradesh, the CPI has been supporting TRS on creating Telangana.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016