CPI(M) on Tuesday lashed out at BJP leader Narendra Modi for invoking Lord Ram, saying it was “blatant misuse of religious appeal” to garner votes and asked the Election Commission to take action against him for the “electoral offence”.
Referring to Modi’s address at a rally in Faizabad on Monday, CPI(M) Politburo said he not only used a portrait of Ram as the backdrop but also made a direct appeal invoking the deity’s name in his political statements.
“These are a blatant misuse of religious appeal for electoral purposes. The Election Commission should immediately take action against this electoral offence.”
The major Left party said Modi and BJP President Rajnath Singh have also been “constantly raising the issue of ‘Bangladeshi’ infiltrators in order to target the Bengali- speaking Muslims.”
“In a number of speeches made in Assam and West Bengal, they have threatened that these ‘infiltrators’ will be thrown out of the country. Such a campaign with communal overtones has caused insecurity amongst minorities and raised tensions,” the CPI(M) said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This, it alleged, has been “one of the factors that contributed to the killing of 31 persons in the Bodoland Territorial District of Assam where Bengali-speaking Muslims were targeted by Bodo extremists.”
Condemning the “rabid communal propaganda by the BJP leadership”, it urged the Election Commission to immediately intervene “to stop the BJP leadership from indulging in such communal targeting”.