In an editorial, CPI mouthpiece Janayugam daily on Tuesday opined that the prevailing political situation in the country demanded the merger of communist parties.
The editorial said the sympathisers of the Communist movement were pained at the varied degeneration both parties had undergone after the split. “The loss of votes in traditional strongholds is a reflection of that pain. Both the CPI (M) and the CPI could pass time by boasting over their vote share in this election. That would pamper only the vested interest of the institutionalised paraphernalia. At this critical juncture, Communists should be guided by the class interest of the poor people. The issues and points of discord that led to the split in the party 50 years back are not relevant now.”
It said people who have reposed their faith in the Communist movement are looking forward whether the CPI (M) and CPI could move towards that aim of merger. The future of the Indian Communist movement depends on the answer to that question.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Both CPI (M) and CPI had recorded their worst ever performance in the concluded general elections.