In an editorial, CPI mouthpiece Janayugam daily on Tuesday opined that the prevailing political situation in the country demanded the merger of communist parties.
The editorial said the sympathisers of the Communist movement were pained at the varied degeneration both parties had undergone after the split. “The loss of votes in traditional strongholds is a reflection of that pain. Both the CPI (M) and the CPI could pass time by boasting over their vote share in this election. That would pamper only the vested interest of the institutionalised paraphernalia. At this critical juncture, Communists should be guided by the class interest of the poor people. The issues and points of discord that led to the split in the party 50 years back are not relevant now.”
It said people who have reposed their faith in the Communist movement are looking forward whether the CPI (M) and CPI could move towards that aim of merger. The future of the Indian Communist movement depends on the answer to that question.
Both CPI (M) and CPI had recorded their worst ever performance in the concluded general elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More