CPI(M) on Wednesday released its third list of Lok Sabha candidates which included nine from Tamil Nadu where ruling AIADMK recently snapped its tie-up with the Left.
The list, which also includes names of three nominees from Rajasthan and one each from Chhattisgarh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, takes the total number its candidates released so far to 88.
CPI(M)’s sitting Lok Sabha member P R Natarajan wouldcontest from Coimbatore, while U Vasuki, senior leader of the party’s women’s wing AIDWA and a Central Committee member, would fight the polls from North Chennai.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The other candidates are A V Bellarmin from Kanyakumari (he had won this seat in 2004), B Vikaraman from Madurai, G Anandhan from Villipuram (SC), K Sameulraj (Virudhunagar), N Pandi (Dindigul), S Sridhar (Trichy) and another AIDWA leader S Thamizhselvi (Thanjavur).
In Rajasthan, veteran legislator and a Central Committee member Amara Ram would contest from Sikar, Indra Singh Punia from Churu and Pala Ram from Ganganagar. While Surinder Lal Singh would be the CPI(M) candidate from Sarguja (ST) constituency in Chhattisgarh, K G Das would fight from Andaman & Nicobar. In its strongholds, the party has already announced the names of 32 candidates from West Bengal, 15 from Kerala and two from Tripura.