Cow urine is effective in curing cancer completely, BJP member Shankarbhai N claimed in Rajya Sabha on Thursday while pressing for stopping cow slaughter.
“If you want to save yourself from cancer, there is a need to protect cows on a priority because cow urine is effective in curing cancer completely. It can cure cent per cent. I can vouch for it. Nobody wants to hear this,” he said while participating in a debate on Budget.
- Actor Prakash Raj says BJP workers sprinkled cow urine to 'purify' stage after his event
- Cow vigilantes stopping beef supply in Goa have BJP support, claims Congress leader
- Kolkata-based NGO holds painting, essay-writing, photography contests to spread awareness on cows
- 'Selfie with a Cow' contest to save cows
- Subramanian Swamy calls for tax to fund gaushalas across India
- Mughals knew protecting cows was way to rule hearts of Indians, says Rajnath Singh
“There are many uses of cow dung and urine and can be put to use to treat even severe diseases like cancer,” he added. Describing cow slaughter as “a sin”, the BJP member said “in Vedas, it is said cows are like mothers. …If cows are not protected, nobody can save the country.”
Besides, cow dung is also essential for promoting organic farming, which the government has focused on in the budget in a big way.
“To promote organic farming, we need ‘pashu dhan’ (cows) and cow dung,” he added.