An Ahmedabad court will hear from June 12 arguments on an application seeking registration of FIR against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for concealing his marital status in his affidavit filed during the 2012 Assembly elections.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate M M Sheikh of Ahmedabad rural court on Saturday recorded the statement of AAP member Nishant Verma, who has sought registration of a first information report (FIR) and a police probe against Modi, and scheduled the arguments for June 12.
On May 21 Ahmedabad police’s crime branch had submitted a report saying Modi was not found to have committed any cognisable offence by leaving the column on marital status blank in his election affidavit in 2012.
Verma had earlier approached Ranip police station here and demanded registration of FIR against Modi. He also sought action against the Returning Officer of Maninanagar assembly constituency, P K Jedeja. Police refused, so he moved the court seeking a direction to the police to do so.
Modi disclosed his marital status and the name of his wife (Jashodaben) for the first time in his affidavit accompanying the nomination for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat this year. Earlier when he had contested Gujarat assembly polls, he left the column on information about the spouse blank.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Verma wants the police to book an FIR against Modi under IPC charges of giving a false statement, giving false evidence under oath, abetting, and cheating, among others.