A special court imposed a cost of one-day salary for the second consecutive day on Saturday on Special Public Prosecutor Bhavani Singh for abstaining from the court to resume final arguments in the disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and three others.
Special Court Judge Michael D’Cunha had on Friday imposed the cost amounting to Rs 60,000 to Es 65,000 after Singh pleaded for adjournment on grounds of ill health.
The court had directed Singh on February 28 to resume arguments in the case in which Jayalalithaa had been charged with accumulating Rs 66 crore wealth disproportionate to known sources of income in 1991-95 when she was the Chief Minister.
When the case came up for hearing, the judge said the conduct of the SPP was unjustifiable after he abstained from appearing before the court to resume the final arguments.
He directed that the final arguments commence from March 25 and for DMK General Secretary Anbazhagan to submit his written arguments. The judge also gave Singh another chance to appear before the court on March 21 and resume the arguments.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review