A court here has ordered police to register a case against yoga guru Ramdev and initiate an inquiry against him for his controversial “honeymoon” remark against Rahul Gandhi.
The court of Metropolitan Magistrate gave this order while admitting an istegasa (legal complaint) by Vijay Rao of Jodhpur on Friday through his counsel M A Rao demanding an FIR against Ramdev and an appropriate action against him for his comments involving the Dalit community.
Ramdev had stoked a controversy last month by stating that, “Rahul goes to Dalits’ houses for honeymoon and picnic.” After massive outrage, Ramdev had expressed regret for the remarks.
“The court admitted the istegasa yesterday and ordered police to register an FIR against Ramdev under sections 171(C) of IPC (interfere with free exercise of any electoral right commits the offence of undue influence at an election) and 3 (1) (X) of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, which stands for making insulting remarks pertaining to the caste or community) and initiate an investigation against him,” said M A Rao, the counsel for the complainant.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016