A court here has ordered police to register a case against yoga guru Ramdev and initiate an inquiry against him for his controversial “honeymoon” remark against Rahul Gandhi.
The court of Metropolitan Magistrate gave this order while admitting an istegasa (legal complaint) by Vijay Rao of Jodhpur on Friday through his counsel M A Rao demanding an FIR against Ramdev and an appropriate action against him for his comments involving the Dalit community.
Ramdev had stoked a controversy last month by stating that, “Rahul goes to Dalits’ houses for honeymoon and picnic.” After massive outrage, Ramdev had expressed regret for the remarks.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“The court admitted the istegasa yesterday and ordered police to register an FIR against Ramdev under sections 171(C) of IPC (interfere with free exercise of any electoral right commits the offence of undue influence at an election) and 3 (1) (X) of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, which stands for making insulting remarks pertaining to the caste or community) and initiate an investigation against him,” said M A Rao, the counsel for the complainant.