A court here has ordered police to register a case against yoga guru Ramdev and initiate an inquiry against him for his controversial “honeymoon” remark against Rahul Gandhi.
The court of Metropolitan Magistrate gave this order while admitting an istegasa (legal complaint) by Vijay Rao of Jodhpur on Friday through his counsel M A Rao demanding an FIR against Ramdev and an appropriate action against him for his comments involving the Dalit community.
Ramdev had stoked a controversy last month by stating that, “Rahul goes to Dalits’ houses for honeymoon and picnic.” After massive outrage, Ramdev had expressed regret for the remarks.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The court admitted the istegasa yesterday and ordered police to register an FIR against Ramdev under sections 171(C) of IPC (interfere with free exercise of any electoral right commits the offence of undue influence at an election) and 3 (1) (X) of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, which stands for making insulting remarks pertaining to the caste or community) and initiate an investigation against him,” said M A Rao, the counsel for the complainant.