Asking people to refrain from voting in favour of the saffron party, BSP supremo Mayawati on Thrusday alleged that if the BJP came into power and Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, the country would “stand ruined” with communal riots.
Addressing an election rally in the city’s Rail Bazaar in Kanpur for her party’s candidates from Kanpur, Akbarpur and Misrikh seats, the Dalit leader took on BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi headlong.
Do not waste your votes by dividing it between Congress and Samjwadi Party, because it will directly benefit the BJP. And, if that happens, BJP and Modi will come into power and “the country would stand ruined with communal riots” akin to the one in Gujarat in 2002, Maywati alleged.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In her 30-minute speech, the BSP leader asked the Muslim electorate to play a decisive role in ensuring victory for her party and stopping BJP from coming at the Centre.
Attacking the SP-led state government, Mayawati alleged that in their regime, there is a rule of criminals, mafia and the corrupt, and claimed that in her UP government law and order was maintained and no communal riots took place in that period.
The BSP leader also claimed that no other party has fielded as many Muslim and Brahmin candidates in the 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state as her party has.
Our party does not believe in discrimination unlike other parties, she alleged and added, BSP has fielded 19 candidates from the Muslim community and 21 from the Brahmins. Congress and BJP both are parties for the rich and the capitalists and so if you want a party for the poor, vote for us (BSP), she alleged.