Hitting out Aam Aadmi Party, BJP on Thursday alleged the alternative politics promised by the outfit has “faltered” and the country is being presented with “gimmickry” and the “road to anarchy” instead.
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said that in less than three weeks of coming to power in Delhi, a sense of idealism in AAP has been replaced by the desire for job-seeking, which, in turn, has resulted in fissures within the new party. He also cautioned the political parties that this failure should not be confused by the message of setting higher standards of probity and accountability.
“India was promised alternative politics. I had personally hoped that alternative politics promised by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) would lead to larger footprints on the Indian society. Conventional political parties and politicians would realize the importance of probity and accountability. Instead, the country is being presented with gimmickry and the road to anarchy,” Jaitley said in an article.
“My fear is that the failure of this experiment should not be confused by other parties as a failure of the good message of higher standards of probity and accountability,” he added.
Taking on the senior AAP leaders, Jaitley said there is an in-built danger in establishing a political party and then going out to search its members and its ideology and said a group of “disparate, self-opinionated persons” have flocked to the new outfit.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The new party has a distinct concept of new jurisprudence, that judges now will have to report to the executive…The initial enthusiasm of mobocracy as an instrument of decision-making has somewhat died down,” he said.
The BJP leader also described various members of AAP from one being a former airline owner to a banker from Mumbai who appear to be protagonists of the market economy.