Amid a raging row over Article 370 that guarantees special status for Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday appealed to the Centre to take all political parties in confidence before making any move on such sensitive issues.
“The decisions on issues like Article 370 should not be taken in haste,” the chief minister told reporters here.
Advocating amicable solution for issues like Article 370, Badal said, “an experienced and visionary leader like Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take a call on such issues only after due consultation with the entire political leadership of the country.”
Badal also lauded Modi for constitution of Special Investigation Team (SIT) on the issue of black money stashed abroad, saying Modi government was serious in solving key issues plaguing the country.
Badal also said the state government would soon urge the Centre to take immediate steps to enhance vigil on international border with Pakistan to check smuggling of drugs into the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“As the security agencies like Border Security Force (BSF) are under the direct control of the Centre, so the state government will soon urge the Union government to take immediate steps for enhancing the vigil on borders to check the supply of drugs,” he said.
The Chief Minister said the state government had recently constituted a Special Cell headed by an Inspector General (IG) rank officer to take necessary action against the drug peddlers.
The Punjab government would also take up the issue of pending development projects with the Centre which were hanging fire because of alleged apathy of previous government at Centre, he said.