Shiv Sena on Monday slammed the Congress for holding Narendra Modi responsible for the violence in Assam, saying those levelling such charges are the ones who have “divided” the country and should practice meditation at Ramdev’s ashram as they have “lost their mental balance”.
BJP’s oldest ally also targeted Congress leader Kapil Sibal, saying it has never seen him “taking up the cause of Hindus in Kashmir as he did for Bangladeshi Muslims in Assam”.
“Those who are saying that India will break into pieces because of Modi, are the ones who have divided the country.
Instead of abusing Modi, Congressmen should introspect,” an editorial in Sena mouthpiece Saamana said.
“Those in Congress who are making such allegations should either do vipassana (meditation) in Ramdev’s ashram or else they will have to be admitted in a mental hospital after May 16 poll results as they have lost mental balance,” the Sena said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Congress on Sunday attacked BJP and its Prime Ministerial candidate for the violence in Assam, saying it was a result of “communal polarisation” done by them to garner votes.
32 people were killed, several others injured and thousands rendered homeless in two districts of Assam after attacks by militants belong to the anti-talks IK Songbijit faction of National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB-S).
The Sena said, “Assam is burning. Peace eludes the Kashmir Valley. We never saw Kapil Sibal taking up the cause of Hindus in Kashmir as he did for Bangladeshi Muslims in Assam.”
“Sibal and Omar Abdullah (J&K Chief Minister) are afraid that after Modi comes to power, Bangladeshis will be driven out from Assam and Hindu Pandits will be brought back with honour in Kashmir,” the Sena said.
Abdullah deliberately ignored the plight of Hindus in Kashmir, it alleged.