Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, on Monday, exuded confidence that the Congress will form the government in the state for the third time in a row as NDA had allegedly failed to contain inflation as was projected by the party ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
“After watching the first one month of NDA regime people of the country as well as of Haryana are feeling cheated as no concrete steps have been taken to contain inflation as was promised ahead of Lok Sabha polls,” he told reporters.
“I have been holding workers and public meetings across the state…I have lot of political experience…I can say with confidence that the Congress will form the government in Haryana for the third successive term,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Assembly polls are due in Haryana in October this year. Congress had failed miserably in the recently held Lok Sabha polls as its tally came to one form nine after 2009 polls.
“One person (apparently referring to Modi) created such an atmosphere in the country ahead of Lok Sabha polls as if he had a magic wand and will resolve all issues, including inflation,” he said adding that “inflation is an international issue.”
“The NDA regime under Modi had failed to check price rise,” Hooda said adding that “in the first few days of his regime Modi had failed to take measures to check hike in prices of Diesel, sugar, potato, onion and tomato.”
He said that people of the country and Haryana in particular feel “cheated” by the NDA regime.
On being asked about some of his aides like Venod Sharma and Gopal Kanda who had drifted away from him and floated new outfits, Hooda put up a brave front and claimed that he had no differences with any leader.
“Those who deserted Congress have done so for their vested interests,” he added. He, however, said everybody has a right to float a party in democracy.
Referring to scant rainfall in Haryana, Hooda assured that farmers will get eight hours of uninterrupted power supply. He said that those farmers who will suffer due to drought like conditions would be “adequately” compensated by the state government.
He rejected assertions that “Modi wave” will have a bearing in the ensuing Assembly polls in Haryana. “People in the Lok Sabha didn’t voted for the policies of BJP but for an individual (Modi),” he said adding, “now the people have understood that they have been cheated in voting for an individual.”
He rejected claim that he was also influenced by Gujarat model. “I don’t know Gujarat model…Haryana has done much better on several fronts than Gujarat,” he said while comparing datas between Haryana and Gujarat in terms of per capita income, old age pension, education, health and agriculture.
He, however, said that he failed to understand Gujarat model. On reported differences between Rajya Sabha member Birender Singh and him, Hooda said that “it is up to Birender whether he wants to fight polls under me or not”.
On possibility of Birender forming a party, Hooda said that he was nobody to stop anyone from setting up a political outfit.