Sharpening his attack against Congress, Narendra Modi on Friday said an anti-Congress storm was brewing in the country and it would intensify into a ‘tsunami’ which the party would not be able to survive in the Lok Sabha elections.
“Elections have not been announced yet but there is already a storm brewing (against Congress). Once the elections are announced the storm will become a tsunami and Congress won’t be able to survive it,” the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate said while addressing a public rally here.
Modi said Congress was going to be wiped out because of “its sins” and people had realised that it was the root cause of their troubles.
“People of the country have understood that the reason for their troubles is the Congress party. For the poor, youth and farmers, the most important thing is to uproot the Congress,” he said.
Referring to eminent jurist Fali Nariman’s refusal to be part of Lokpal search committee, the Gujarat Chief Minister said this was a proof of Congress’ ‘corrupt’ politics.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Dwelling on the Telangana issue, he accused the Congress of playing politics of divide and rule and said that Congress erred in leaving Seemandhra to fend for themselves, knowing the party would not get any thing from the region.
“They make people fight, while they enjoy themselves in Delhi. They break the country, they break states, they break hearts,” he said.
“Seemandhra is also a part of India, but the government at the Centre has orphaned it,” Modi said adding “We want both Telangana and Seemandhra to thrive but Congress is a doctor that believes in killing the mother while delivering a child.”
He also said Telangana had been created because of the sacrifices of hundreds of people, not because of Congress.
Stating that the Congress’ arrogance was at its zenith and it had failed to honour the poll promises, he urged people not to trust the party and their leaders’ intent.
“Don’t trust promises made by the Congress, their leaders and their intent. They had promised to curb inflation in 100 days, but did they live up to their promises? Don’t trust those who betray public trust,” he said.