- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Congress will be reduced to Club-75, Amarinder Singh not to be part: BJP
After Captain Amarinder Singh’s ‘160-member club’ jibe at him, BJP leader Arun Jaitley hit back, saying Congress may be reduced to a club of 75 after the elections and the former Punjab Chief Minister “certainly” will not be a part of it.
The Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha and Singh are facing each other in Amritsar Lok Sabha constituency and have been involved in a verbal duel since Congress decided to field the former Punjab Chief Minister against Jaitley.
“The Captain has a foot in mouth problem. The Captain is a disgruntled member of the Congress…Concern yourself at your own depleting fortunes. The Congress may be reduced to a club of 75 in the next Lok Sabha. You certainly will not be a part of that Club-75,” Jaitley wrote on his blog.
Singh had accused Jaitley of secretly nursing the ambition of becoming the Prime Minister, claiming that he was working to keep BJP within the tally of 160 seats to queer the pitch for prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Taking a jibe, Jaitley said Singh is concerned about people in BJP being anti-Narendra Modi. “Thank you, Captain sahib for your concern for Modi,” he said, asking him to keep his concerns for his party.