Attacking Congress, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday said that it is the weakest party due to its “autocratic functioning” and claimed that Third Front would emerge victorious in the Lok Sabha polls and would form the next government.
“You just see the map of the country…Third front is the strongest and Congress is the weakest due to its autocratic functioning. After elections Third Front will emerge victorious and form the next government at the Centre,” Yadav said.
He was talking to reporters after garlanding the statue of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia on his 104th birth anniversary here at Lohia Park.
Asked about him contesting elections from Azamgarh seat, Yadav said the decision was taken on demand of the party workers.
“I am contesting from Azamgarh on demand of party workers…It’s not due to Muslim vote bank or any other factor,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
On Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, the SP chief said he would have to return to his state (Gujarat) after the polls.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav was also present on the occasion.