- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Congress weakest party due to its autocratic functioning: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Attacking Congress, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday said that it is the weakest party due to its “autocratic functioning” and claimed that Third Front would emerge victorious in the Lok Sabha polls and would form the next government.
“You just see the map of the country…Third front is the strongest and Congress is the weakest due to its autocratic functioning. After elections Third Front will emerge victorious and form the next government at the Centre,” Yadav said.
He was talking to reporters after garlanding the statue of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia on his 104th birth anniversary here at Lohia Park.
Asked about him contesting elections from Azamgarh seat, Yadav said the decision was taken on demand of the party workers.
“I am contesting from Azamgarh on demand of party workers…It’s not due to Muslim vote bank or any other factor,” he said.
On Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, the SP chief said he would have to return to his state (Gujarat) after the polls.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav was also present on the occasion.