- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
The Congress party’s nominee for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, Madhusudan Mistry, was arrested on Thursday after an FIR was filed against him and several Congress workers for unlawful assembly, violation of prohibitory orders and rioting.
Earlier in the morning, Mistry tore down the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s posters in Vadodara. Mistry and Modi are contesting for the same Lok Sabha seat.
Mistry and the Congress party workers were previously protesting against the Election Commission’s refusal to allow them to put up Congress kiosks on the electric poles around the city where Modi’s posters have been put up by the BJP since March 24.
While protesting, Mistry climbed up the electric pole outside the Congress office in the Dandiya Bazar area of Vadodara to replace Modi’s poster with his own campaign material.