After Smriti Irani, Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh on Friday came under attack from his former party Congress which claimed BJP leader Kirit Somaiya had sought action against Singh for alleged corruption when he was in UPA government.
While party MP Rajiv Satav posted the link to the communication by Somaiya in 2011 on his Twitter handle, party spokesperson Shashi Tharoor on Friday questioned how can it be that “one is corrupt when in UPA and is non-corrupt when in the BJP”.
Singh, who was earlier in Congress, was a Minister of State in Defence in UPA-I. He joined BJP just before the Lok Sabha election. In his communication, Somaiya had then alleged Singh’s role in grabbing of defence land in Kandivili Mumbai, and had even calling it an “Adarsh II scam”. He had demanded action against the then MoS of Defence Singh.
Replyiing to a question on it at the AICC briefing, Tharoor said that the BJP attacked the same people when they were in Congress and then the “same BJP appoints the same people in their ministry. Does it mean that they were purely political positions.”
He wondered how can it be that one is “corrupt when in UPA and is “non-corrupt when in the BJP”. Satav also took a jibe on it on Twitter noting “good days” while giving the link to a media report as well as Somaiya’s letter.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More