BJP on Friday attacked Congress for releasing an additional manifesto promising reservation for backward Muslims, saying it is their “last desperate” act to get some votes and people will not believe in a “supplement manifesto of a loser party”.
In a renewed minority outreach amid the electioneering, Congress had released an additional manifesto on “empowerment of minorities” promising a quota of 4.5 per cent for backward Muslims in the existing other backward caste reservations.
“Congress has released their supplement manifesto. Nobody is ready to believe a supplement manifesto of a losing party, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
Taking pot shots at the Congress, he said, “Losers may promise the moon tomorrow. But the people have suffered under their 10 years rule. So nobody is willing to discuss it also.”
“This is their last desperate attempt to win back some of the votes but they are losing on all fronts. Losers can promise moon but people won’t believe it,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Referring to party manifesto, Javadekar said, “BJP has talked in its manifesto about the development for all. A loser’s manifesto was not discussed earlier also and now also no one will take note of it.”
Asked about the Rs 14 lakh increase in Narendra Modi’s wealth as per his latest declaration at Varanasi, he said, “Party has deposited the polling expenditure on his account. It was that Rs 14 lakh amount. We are transparent and we have nothing to hide and they (Congress) have everything to hide.”