Congress on Friday sought to make an issue of Narendra Modi not giving an appointment to Arvind Kejriwal by accusing the Gujarat Chief Minister of dishonouring the tradition of the state of welcoming guests.
“In our culture, guest is god. Kejriwal has been a guest of Gujarat and it is a tradition of the state that whoever is the chief minister, meets leaders and chief ministers from other states,” Congress spokesman Shaktisinh Gohil told reporters, disapproving of Modi’s action.
He suggested that it was Modi’s duty to meet Kejriwal despite the fact that he was now the former chief minister of Delhi. The AAP leader has been in Gujarat for the last two days “inspecting” development in the state.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“If Rahulji had been the chief minister, he would have met Kejriwal,” said Gohil, a known detractor of Modi, when asked whether the Congress Vice-President would have given an appointment to the AAP leader.
Gohil said BJP has become panicky over Kejriwal’s visit as Modi is wondering from where the “new artiste” has suddenly cropped up raising all sorts of issues.
The comments of the Congress spokesman came soon after Kejriwal created a drama in Gandhinagar by suddenly demanding a meeting with Modi to discuss the issue of gas price and development in Gujarat but failed to get an appointment.
Kejriwal, who later drove to the airport to go to Jaipur, complained that Modi has no time for a common man like him. He has not been answering questions and has only been making speeches in public. Earlier in the day, Kejriwal said he has raised 16 questions on development claims on Gujarat and wanted to discuss all the issues with Modi.